- All user-created themes are now accessible from the “Theme” menu on your blog’s Customize page.
- We’ve added documentation for the new Twitter, MetaDescription, and Odd/Even theme variables.
- We’ve continued to streamline our moderation process, so the wait time to have your theme submissions and changes approved should be much shorter. (Sorry for the delays. Managing this has been a tricky process.)
- The Manage Themes page now shows the status of your theme submission along with moderator feedback where applicable.
If you haven’t yet, this is a great time to submit an original theme to Tumblr!
Tumblr iPhone 1.1 Sneak Peek!
It’s been submitted to the App Store and should be live this week! Here’s a preview from its wonderful developer, Jeff Rock:
- Video posts. Choose from your camera roll or capture a new video right from the app (iPhone 3GS only).
- Native editing. Need to add tags or update a post on the go? Just tap the ‘edit’ button on a post in the Dashboard to load it up in a native post editor.
- Search. Supports searching across Tumblr, in your Dashboard or on just your posts.
- Built-in web browser. No more losing your place when you tap a link in Dashboard. Now a web browser will pop up and let you investigate the interwebs.
- Post upload status. Never wonder how long it’s going to take that Audio post to upload again.
- Post geotagging. Even I’m not sure what this is for, but I’m sure that it’s going to be awesome.
- Rewritten Dashboard tab (replaces the Sites tab). See all your posts from each of your blogs, including drafts and queues.
- Rewritten Advanced Post Options. New support for Save as draft, Add to Queue, Publish on, Custom post URL’s, Send to Twitter and Ask a question.
- Dashboard now only reloads on command. Not every time you tap the tab. Sorry about that one :P
- Better quality photo posts. Photos are now sent with less compression.
- New bookmarklet format for links. More info coming once 1.1 goes live.
- Fixed a bug where a post that has been saved for later can become corrupted.
- Fixed a bug where Photo posts can cause crashes.
- Fixed memory leaks.
There’s even more, but most of it is stuff you won’t see. Much of the core of the application was rewired, re-factored, re-plumbed, simplified and enhanced. The end result being a snappier, more flexible code base that’s ready for all the stuff coming in 1.2 and beyond.
We’ll let you know once it goes live on the App Store!
You guys! Look at these Tumblrs I found. They were just sitting there in the answers to last week’s Tumblr Tuesday. That reminds me: Did you know that I visit and read every single suggestion you folks make? It’s true. I also make surprise visits to each site over the course of several weeks and perform an intense series of interviews with the Tumblr user to be sure they meet my strict guidelines.
And now… Five totally random Tumblr blogs!
Linus in Hats
Internet, meet Linus. Linus is a cat that wears fake hats and other things. Actually, I have to be honest with you people: I think these pics are photoshopped. Still, you should check it out to see a cat dressed up as Freddy Krueger, if nothing else.
Little Finds for Halloween
Whoa, there’s only 17 days until Halloween? I need to get started on my costume. I’m going to go as my Tumblr Dashboard. I don’t have much time to practice my cat-shark-Scarlett Johansson-Gary Busey-Scarlett Johansson impression.
Proof …Math Is Beautiful!
Beautiful? Are you sure we’re talking about the same Math? The one with all the numbers and stuff? Yeah, the one I’m talking about has a great personality. Okay, moderately attractive, but that’s as far as I’ll go.
Internet Archaeology Blog
Wow. I had forgotten how junky the internet used to look. What was going on back then? My theory is that we were all so blown away with technological prowess that we didn’t even notice that everything looked horrible. Good times.
Now you! Who do you nominate for next Tumblr Tuesday?